Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Motions

After reading our pastor's blog (www.brianmayfield.blogspot.com) tonight about preparing ourselves for communion this coming Sunday, I was drawn to the lyrics of an amazing song by Matthew West called "The Motions". The words that jumped out at me are highlighted in the song lyrics below. I ask you as I ask myself these questions, Do I even realize the changes that I need to make in my life? Am I giving everything I got or am I just playing around and going through the motions? Am I willing to let God take me all the way...let Him have full control? These are the questions that I will ponder as I prepare myself for communion this Sunday.

This might hurt
It’s not safe
But I know that I’ve gotta make a change
I don’t care
If I break
At least I’ll be feeling something
‘Cause just ok
Is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions

No regrets
Not this time
I’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love
Make me whole
I think I’m finally feeling something

Take me all the way
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

No comments: